Sunday, May 31, 2009

We've been having a very inquisitive time in Room 5. I am really enjoying watching my clever classmates planning, designing and making cars. They are beginning to take shape. I wonder what materials you will use for the real one.
It is very exciting to know that I am going to be sitting in the cars when we test them. That must mean I am a test driver - very cool.
I have been looking at lots of inventions lately. We know that inventions are things that are made for a purpose.I went to a farm the other day and went on a tractor, a huge trailer that carries food for the cows, and saw lots of machinery which I now know were originally inventions to help make farming easier. Man they get up early when they go milking.
I have also been to the rugby - did you know things like the big screen tv and the scoreboard all had to be invented. In the olden days the scoreboard had to have the numbers changed by a person - now its done by a computer or something electronic. I wonder if the rugby ball has changed over time? Same with the uniforms are they different I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment