Friday, November 27, 2009

Have you met Clara yet?

I have been visiting some of Mrs Mitchells friends in the South Island. I have been to Nelson and looked at some of the amazing learning happening at some of the country schools there. One school is right near the sea and the children get to go to the beach a lot. What a cool school. I also visited some friends of Mrs Mitchells that I met when I went with her when she visited Nelson earlier in the year. They are so nice and they fed me lots. The only problem was their cat kept chasing me so I thought it was time to leave.
After I had caught up with my naughty cousins through the pass (I think thats what they called it) I kept on going towards a place called Hammer - it had pools that were steaming. I was careful there because I remembered Charysse using hammers at school and I didn't want to get in the way of hammers.
When I was a Hammener I heard some people talking and they were teachers. Can you believe they were not in the classroom but swimming. I heard them talking about the holidays and going to a big conference in Christchurch with lots of other teachers. I'm not sure what a conference is but I knew there were going to be lots of teachers so I thought I'd follow them and hoped to see Mrs Mitchell for a catch up.

If you want to check out my travels get the big map and follow where I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment