Friday, November 27, 2009

I met Pesky Possum and Clara Kaka

I decided it was time to take off towards the mountains.

On the way there I met some cool mates. I was trying to sleep at the bottom of a tree when this noisy, scratchy, chattery and annoying thing kept me awake. His eyes lit up in the dark and he kept telling me to climb on up the tree to keep him company. I told him I don't need to climb because I have wings and I can fly up there. He introduced himself as Pesky and he said he was a possum thats why he was awake at night, because he was nocturnal a night time worker. He also said he had a cool school that he visited in Dunedin. When we got talking about our rooms and our teachers we realised they knew each other - how funny is that?
Pesky also told me about some of the things he use to do in the classroom. He did some of the same stuff I did before I realised it was naughty. He pulled stuff off the desks, ripped things up took peoples things and made lots of mess. I remember doing that but that was when I was younger and now I know better.
While we were chatting we met another friend, Clara. Clara looks a lot like me. She is beautiful, has green feathers and a strong beak and is related to me but she is not a Kea. She is a Kaka. Clara is a native bird like me but she is a bit smaller and lives in the forest.
Pesky and I told her about our classes and she said she wanted an adventure like we have had so she was going to come and visit you.
I wonder if she has been to see you yet? I told her which classroom and how to get in. I also told her she has to be good if she visits because Room 5 is the very best class in the Whole Wide World and we look after our things and each other.
Can you let me know if you see her and please look after her because she is very young and needs to learn a lot about the Pekerau Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment